Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Today, I learned: Progress make you happy

Today, after some days of being sick, slacking, being lazy (hey, but sometimes, I enjoyed being lazy), I got a little bit back on track.

One hack, which works pretty well for me: Plan your day the night before.
When I wake up and think about what I should do today, it feels arbitrary. It feels not like a must an hence, not compelling at all. But when I take some minutes the night before to schedule my activities (not focusing on results but on work itself), it feels mandatory. I have to work on these items for that specific amount of time. And when I get to finish some of the items on my to-do list, it feels great.

And this feeling of accomplishment is incredibly motivating. I believe, that you should improve not only in one area of your life, but in every area of your life. This is challenging, but necessary.

If you focus on your relationship with your spouse, and do nothing else, everything else with go to the dogs. If your work life sucks and you focus on improving it, and you do not improve in your relationships as well, after a not too long time, your rest of your life will suck, too.

To keep it short, as Tony Robbins stated:

If you aren’t growing, you are dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment